DEFINITION: - Multilingual SEO/Search means understanding your online market completely, it means building a relevant and effective strategy. Getting your site in good SEO & PPC positions on non English language search engines.
Facts to Be UndertakenThanks
- It is a fact that people search in their own language and that people in different parts of the world use the Internet in very different ways. For example, in many parts of the world, Google is not the most popular or preferred search engine.
- In the past, companies used to translate their websites in the hope of getting new business. However today Multilingual SEO is considered as much more effective International Marketing Tip than translation of Website.
- 63 percent of the total global on line population is non-English speaking. That means a lot of people using search engines in other languages.
- Bigmouth media's track record in search engine optimization in multi language global territories is proven. We work in over 20 languages, including non-western character sets. We’ve tripled traffic to major brands' sites across all continents. We could do this for your brand.
- We know the global, multiple languages are used. Every territory has its own search engine preferences and we have to make sure that we're clued up-to-the-minute on the major players in all global regions.
- Translate site into required language like (German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, French, Arabic, Portuguese and Chinese).
- Now you have to draw traffic to the newly translated sites. There are many ways to draw traffic, but the search engines are just as important in German or Spanish as they are in English.
- The main thing is to be able to move around in the language...and if you are not fluent, make sure a translator cleans up any text edits without undoing the changes key to your multilingual SEO efforts.
- Let's assume the original site is in English, the translation into French, for example, is already complete and you have a list of English search terms (keywords).
- The first step is to identify equivalent French search terms. This might not give you the same number of search terms. Ex:For instance, if you start with the 10 search terms around the word "socks" (buy socks, buy socks online, glow-in-the-dark socks, etc.), you will most likely end up with twice as many search terms in French, as there are two common words for socks in French ("bas" and "chaussettes"). This might mean that you need to create additional landing pages for French search engine surfers.
- Be very attentive while doing Official translations for keyword research.
- The next step, of course, is to find out which of the search terms are worth pursuing.
- The third step is to group the search terms together into natural groupings and assign each group to a page on the website, just as one would do in English
- On Page Optimization: We have to just place search terms in all the right places.
- In English, a reference to "website monitoring service" would count as a reference for the search term "website monitoring". But the German equivalent, ?berwachungsservice f?r Webseiten, would read literally in English as "monitoringservice for websites
- Many companies keep the same filenames when they create a translated site. Keeping the same file name helps the webmaster keep track of internal Linking structure simple.
- Next Comes where to house the translated site on a separate site, in a sub-domain. The general consensus is that it is preferable to give it its own domain with the appropriate country extension...Second best is a sub-domain, which at least carries a semblance of being a separate site and allows some directories to consider it a home page for listing purposes (and you want those directory links).
- Don't forget to build the links that are so important to your optimization. Good quality links. Relevant links, both in terms of topics and in terms of the search terms in the language of the site.
- Effective multilingual SEO campaigns not only bring the best traffic to your site but it also ensures that the site is usable and communicates to the audience your are targeting in that country. There is no point attracting new visitors if your site fails to meet their expectations. Your multilingual content needs to combine an understanding of what people expect to find and how they search. The key is always placing the international user first, which in turn will benefit your business.
- Sales can increase by 3-7 times more likely to sell.
- Sell your product to more people abroad.
- Reach new international Clients.
- Globalize your brand name.
- Achieve ROI through Cost effective international SEO.
SEO & Internet Marketing Specialist